Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wales

Once upon a time, Mom decided she was going to educate us on our ancestry after finding a documentary at the library about Wales. I remember being at the library or perhaps at home when she told me that she had gotten this movie about Wales. I don't know why, but I got pretty excited about it. So, she turned it on and we sat through the whole darn thing, and not once did they make any mention of any majestic mammoth sea mammals. This is why I don't know why I got excited to watch it because I have never in my life been interested in the ocean or fish or dolphins or sea animals. Well, except manatees--my 3rd grade (?) class adopted one. So, I thought Mom had gotten this documentary on whales and it sounded so great to me for some reason. By the end of the documentary on Wales, I was completely confused by the whole thing. We came from whales?

I was not a small child when this happened. Sometimes it is hard being so smart.

Cymraeg!!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when mom checked out a video about Woodstock. You can imagine my confusion when mom said this is where we came from....wait no, that's not right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I was gonna mention that Woodstock documentary too.

      Delete